Our highly skilled and international software development team is eager to welcome a new Backend Developer to help build consumer facing websites and mobile apps.
What you will do
You are a member of the development team which is tasked with the timely delivery of high-quality software that meets the requirements. You will be working on the development of new software and the maintenance of existing software. Identification and contribution to optimisations in our technological infrastructure is welcomed. You are invited to help shape our approach towards software engineering.
Key Activities & Accountabilities
- Translate business requirements into high quality, maintainable software
- Be able to effectively interact with Product Owners, Quality Assurance, Operations Engineers and other stakeholders in the company
- Contribute to the team on all levels: engineering, process improvement, technology improvement, knowledge sharing etc.
- Create and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation
- Analyse and resolve software related issues (functionality, performance, interoperability etc.)
- Contribute to the (automated) testing of software
- Stay up to date with new development tools, technologies and languages
What you will need
Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or sufficient relevant practical experience to fulfill the activities and accountabilities.
Skills and Experience
- Proven work experience in software engineering (minimum 3 years)
- Ability to write clear, concise and comprehensive code
- Fluent in two or more backend programming languages
- Experience with backend frameworks; we mainly use Node.js/Sails.js
- Experience with backend technology (e.g. databases, messaging systems)
- Experience with specifying and implementing REST APIs
- Experience with specifically PHP and Python is a plus
- Experience with software architecture is a plus
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience with Github
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience with working in an agile/scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security aspects is a plus
- Experience with cloud providers is a plus
- Experience with video streaming is a plus
- Work in an effective (result oriented) and efficient (time/cost aware) manner
- Fluent in English
What we offer
- The opportunity to help bringing a fast-growing scale-up company to the next level
- The opportunity to work with an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group of people who are pushing the boundaries in their respective fields
- Competitive salary (will depend on ability and experience)
- An office in the centre of Amsterdam with fortnightly social events, the best view in the Randstad and great coffee!
Who we are
- FeelRobotics is a high-tech Robotics company that connects IOT devices to an advanced communications platform that enables devices to talk to each other. Our technology makes it easy to connect to any Bluetooth device, and control it remotely or stream its sensor data to any cloud service with the click of a button. We make use of the latest technologies in Robotics, AR and VR to merge these technologies into one service that will add interactivity and touch to what you see in a virtual world. Our developers work with machine learning and computer vision to understand what humans’ intentions are and let robots execute their commands. We also produce hardware that will connect out-of-the box products with our IOT communication platforms.
- FeelRobotics encompasses six brands. Our projects are diverse, challenging, interesting and fall under the adult entertainment industry, wearable technology, lifestyle products and mobile applications. We are a young, international team of professionals who have loads of fun in these ground-breaking sectors. This is the perfect environment to develop and test your skills in fast-growing and ever-changing industries.
- Our brands have won several awards and have been featured in many well-known sources such as Cosmopolitan, RollingStone Magazine, Forbes, CNBC, VICE, de Volkskrant and The Guardian to name just a few. We have also been featured on a variety of leading TV channels such as BBC, NOS, BNN and VICE.
- FeelRobotics is in the top 10 fastest growing start-ups in the Netherlands (2018). As you can imagine, this makes the role we are now hiring for both challenging and exciting in equal measure!
No agencies please. Please include a cv with your application.